Having Hope at Home
By David S. Craig
A Canadian comedy. On a winter night in a drafty farmhouse a baby is about to arrive. But modern medicine meets midwifery head on in a torrent of family feuding. As tensions rise between three dysfunctional generations, so does the laughter. It takes a baby to heal the rift in this funny, heartwarming story of forgiveness and hope.
A simply perfect comedy for February.
Director: Michele Moore
Saturday, November 4, 2017, 5 pm – 8 pm
Sunday, November 5, 2017, 5 pm – 8 pm
6 Parkhill Rd. (off the Purcell’s Cove Rd., #15 Bus route)
Show dates:Thursday thru Saturdays, February 1 to February 17, 2018
13 performances with 3 matinees (Feb. 3, 10 & 17)
3 men, 3 women
- Wisecracking curmudgeon of a grandfather
- Organic growing, vegan eating, self determined granddaughter
- Lively, loving French Canadian (or Acadian) son-in-law
- Uptight, controlling father
- Ultraconservative, tailored mother
- No nonsense professional midwife coated in kindness
This will be an open audition, no preparation required.
Excerpts of the script will be available to peruse on your arrival.
No appointment necessary.
For more information, please email or phone 902-477-4943.