TAG Spring Yard Sale
Set up your table, enjoy the BBQ & meet fun theatre folks!
Location: The Pond Playhouse, 6 Parkhill Road, Halifax, NS, B3P 1R7
Date/Time: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Event Advertising: The Yard Sale will be posted on Kijiji, Facebook,Twitter and the Community page of the Chronicle Herald.
This event is open to anyone in the TAG family and surrounding community.
There will be tables in the parking lot. There will be lots to eat including BBQ hot dogs, chips, pop, grilled cheese, homemade chicken soup with matzoh balls, and a dessert table. If you would like to set up a table of your own, we would be delighted. There is no charge, only a donation, at your discretion, to the Building Fund.
Here is what you should do:
At the Theatre:
Bring a table or two to the theatre parking lot with any of your items for sale. Set up your table with pricing attached. At the end of the day, you can make a small donation to the Theatre Building Fund.
Any leftover unsold goods will be donated to charities around Halifax.
If you wish to donate some goods, please let us know by emailing or call 902-478-5210. Please do not just leave items without discussing this with Lorne.
There will be a BBQ with hot dogs, chips, pop, along with homemade chicken soup with matzoh balls, and a dessert table. Proceeds to the Theatre Building Fund.
At Your Home:
If you live in the neighbourhood and wish to set up your own yard sale, please let us know in advance and we will include you in our notices to the membership. Once again a small donation to the Theatre Fund would be appreciated.
Top Tips for the TAG Yard Sale:
- Bring tables and/or sawhorses and wood with tablecloths
- Bring lots of change (suggested $10 bills, $5 bills, roll of loonies, toonies, quarters)
- Bring a container for the money (preferable one that closes or locks)
- Pre-price all your sale items (Dollarama has stickers for yard sales)
- If truly interested in selling everything, make your prices very reasonable
- Post discounts on boxes of books, bags of clothing
- If something is not negotiable, add the word “FIRM” to sticker
- Separate clothing by size
- TAG will have access to electricity for people who wish to test radios, lamps, etc
- TAG will post “ALL SALES FINAL – CASH ONLY”
- Bring plastic bags and small boxes for customers
- There is still have lots of room for anyone who has not registered (email )
- Several people in neighbourhood are setting up tables
- Already, we have Furniture, home made preserves, books, clothing, music, theatre costumes and props,
- TAG will offer BBQ hot dogs, chips, cold pop, home made cupcakes, cookies, etc. for sale
- Enjoy meeting local theatre folks who are all fascinating
- At the end be prepared to help take leftover goods to local charities