Playwrights @ TAG Festival
Playwrights @ TAG is a fun filled non-competitive festival providing members with the chance to experience and enjoy the thrill and agony of writing a script and see it performed for an audience.
No prior experience is necessary just a desire to write!
No prizes or adjudication will occur. All in fun!
This will be our fourth installment of Playwrights @ TAG.For some background… a few of the plays from the Playwrights @TAG Festival have gone on to perform in other festivals: The Liverpool International Theatre Festival, the Boardmore Theatre Festival and the Halifax Fringe Festival.
If you’ve always wanted to try your hand at writing or have an idea for a story and want to see it on stage, don’t hesitate. Give it a try!
|Submission Deadline||December 31st 2018|
|Draft of Completed Script||February 4th 2019|
|Auditions & Rehearsals||To Be Determined|
|Production Dates||April 25, 26 and 27, 2019|
How to Submit:
WHEN: December 31, 2018
Submissions Must Include:
- The theme of your play. For example: a comedy based on the challenges communicating with government, or serious drama dealing with financial stress etc.
- A brief description of the key challenge in the play. For example: dealing with a failing cell phone during an emergency, or a deadline that has very serious consequences if not met etc.
- A description of the character(s) involved.
- An outline of a setting. For example: outside in a park or living room of parent's house.
- f you happen to already have a suitable script please submit a copy.
Guidelines For Submissions:
- Must be an original work, never performed on stage and practical for a stage presentation at Theatre Arts Guild
- No previous writing experience required.
- TAG membership is the only prerequisite.
- Collaborators that wish to enter should not exceed two writers.
- Maximum run time is 30 MINUTES. (This is mandatory!)
- Keep characters to a maximum of 4 (doubling is okay).
- Technical lights and sound MUST be basic.
- Set pieces MUST be few and simple. NO LARGE SET CHANGES.
- There will be THREE performances; April 25, 26 and 27, 2019
The Selection Process:
- Producers of Playwrights @TAG will select three (3) plays from the submissions. Just like auditioning for a role in a play, you must be prepared to submit but not necessarily be chosen for production.
- Playwrights may participate in the production process including the directing role if they so wish or provide a Director of their choice.
- Auditions can be held if so desired by directors or each chosen play can be pre-cast by their team.